Saturday 10 May 2008

Burslem Art & Crafts Fair

This has definitely been the nicest day of the year so far with the temperature up and beyond 21c. I had booked an inside table at the historic and superbly renovated Burslem Art School but was glad to swop an outside table with a lady who wanted a powerpoint. There was a lot of attractions to pull in the crowds and combined with the weather the day looked promising. There was about 5 more stalls selling jewellery but this was mainly the lower end jewellery and beads so I was confident of a good day. I was lucky enough to share a table with a lady who painted her own paintings which were lovely. She loved my jewellery so we considered swapping a bracelet for a painting. After about an hour I had my first sale which was the popular double heart necklace. People just loved the stuff and I was very pleased at the way things were going. I wished I had as many sales as the business cards that were taken. Packed up about 4.00 as people were starting to thin out. Conclusion - Foot fall was low considering the weather and the attractions, probably due to lack of promotion. Sales were low but at least I made sales. The nice lady with the lovely original pictures didn't do anything, maybe because they were a tad expensive for the Burslem crowd. Overall a lovely day and well organised.


No comments: